Spectro Cloud supports several day-2 operations to manage the end-to-end lifecycle of the Kubernetes clusters launched through Spectro Cloud. It also provides several capabilities across new and imported clusters to keep your clusters secure, compliant, up-to-date, and perform ongoing management operations like backup/restore. Additionally, you can have visibility into the workloads running inside your cluster and cluster costs.
The following sections describe these capabilities in detail:
- Reconfigure - Scale your clusters up/down by adding/reducing the number of nodes in a node pool and adding additional worker pools. Resize nodes in a node pool by modifying the node specs (CPU, Memory, or Instance Type for public clouds). Add additional fault domains such as availability zones to a node pool.
- Updates - Add/remove add-ons; Upgrade versions of the core packs (Kubernetes, CSI, CNI); Upgrade versions of add-on layers (Monitoring, Security, etc.); Update configuration for packs installed at any layer.
- Compliance Scans - Perform continuous compliance checks to ensure your clusters are secure, conformant and compliant.
- OS Patching - Automatically apply latest security patches to cluster nodes to stay up-to-date with latest OS patches.
- Backup and Restore - Backup your cluster configurations as well as any persistent volumes used by your applications regularly; Choose critical namespaces you would like to backup; Restore as required to new or existing clusters;
- Cost Visibility - Get visibility into the estimated cloud cost for the cluster based on cluster node configuration; Get additional insights into per namespace cost (Usage Cost) calculated based on the amount of resources consumed within the namespace.