Palette supports integration with AWS Cloud Accounts. This also includes support for AWS GovCloud (US) accounts. This section explains how to create an AWS cloud account in Palette. You can use any of the following authentication methods to register your cloud account.
To add an AWS cloud account using access credentials follow the steps below:
- An AWS account
- Sufficient access to create an IAM role or IAM user.
- Palette IAM policies. Please review the Required IAM Policies section for guidance.
- Create an IAM Role or IAM User for Palette. Use the following resources if you need additional help.
- In the AWS console, assign the Palette required IAM policies to the role or the IAM user that Palette will use.
- Log in to Palette as Tenant admin.
- Go to Tenant Settings > Cloud Accounts and click +Add AWS Account.
In the cloud account creation wizard provide the following information:
Account Name: Custom name for the cloud account.
Description: Optional description for the cloud account.
Partition: Choose AWS from the drop-down menu.
- AWS Access key
- AWS Secret access key
Click the Validate button to validate the credentials.
Once the credentials are validated, the Add IAM Policies toggle displays. Toggle Add IAM Policies on.
A drop-down menu displays a lists of available AWS IAM policies in your AWS account. Select any desired IAM policies you want to assign to Palette IAM role or IAM user.
You can validate the account is available in Palette by reviewing the list of cloud accounts. To review the list of cloud accounts navigate to the left Main Menu. Click on Tenant Settings. Next, click on Cloud Accounts. Your newly added AWS cloud account is listed under the AWS sections.
Now that you have added an AWS account to Palette, you can start deploying Kubernetes clusters to your AWS account. To learn how to get started with deploying Kubernetes clusters to AWS, check out the Create and Manage AWS IaaS Cluster guide or the Create and Manage AWS EKS Cluster guide.