The Spectro Cloud Enterprise Mode is a multi-node, highly-available installation of the Spectro Cloud platform suitable for production purposes. Installation involves instantiating the on-prem platform installer VM and invoking the "Enterprise Cluster Migration" wizard. Please follow these steps to deploy the installer VM and observe the monitoring console to ensure installation is successful. After a successful installation of the platform installer, proceed to enterprise cluster migration.
- Open the On-Prem system console from a browser window by navigating to https://<VM IP Address>/system and log in.
- Navigate to the Enterprise Cluster Migration wizard from the menu on the left-hand side.
- Enter the vCenter credentials to be used to launch the enterprise cluster. Provide the vCenter server, username, and password. Check the
Use self-signed certificatesif applicable. Validate your credentials and click on
Nextbutton to proceed to IP Pool Configuration.
- Enter the IPs to be used for Enterprise Cluster VMs as a
Subnet. At least 5 IP addresses should be required in the range for the installation and the ongoing management. Provide the details of the
Nameserver addresses. Any search suffixes being used can be entered in the
Nameserver search suffixbox. Click on
Nextto proceed to Cloud Settings.
- Select the datacenter and the folder to be used for the enterprise cluster VMs. Select the desired compute cluster, resource pools, datastore, and network. For high availability purposes, you may choose to distribute the three VMs across multiple compute clusters. If this is desired, invoke the "Add Domain" option to enter multiple sets of properties.
- Add SSH Public key and optionally NTP servers and click "Confirm".
- The Enterprise cluster deployment will proceed through the following three steps:
- Deployment - A 3 node Kubernetes cluster is launched and Spectro Cloud Platform is deployed on it. This typically takes 10 mins.
- Data Migration - Data from the installer VM is migrated to the newly created enterprise cluster.
- Tenant Migration - If any tenants were created prior to the enterprise cluster migration, which would typically be the case if the system was used in the quick start mode initially, all those tenants, as well as the management of any such tenant clusters previously deployed, will be migrated to the enterprise cluster.
- Once Enterprise Cluster is fully deployed, the On-Prem System and Management Console should be accessed on this new cluster. The platform installer VM can be safely powered off at this point.