You can create as many App Profiles as needed to fit various types of workloads on your Palette Virtual Clusters. Each App Profile can contain multiple services, also called layers in the App Profile stack. You can also create multiple versions of an App Profile. For more information, visit App Profile Versioning.
Use the following steps to create an App Profile.
A tutorial is available to help you learn how to use Palette Dev Engine by deploying an application. Check out Deploy an Application using Palette Dev Engine to get started with Palette Dev Engine.
- A Spectro Cloud account.
To create an App Profile:
- Log in to Palette.
- In App Mode, select App Profiles from the Main Menu, and click the New App Profile button.
- Provide the following basic information for your App Profile and click Next.
|Application Profile Name||A custom name for the App Profile|
|Version (optional)||The default value is 1.0.0. You can create multiple versions of an App Profile using the format |
|Description (optional)||Description of the App Profile.|
|Tag (optional)||Assign tags to the app profile.|
- Select one of the available services to start configuring your App Profile. Refer to App Profiles for a list of available services.
- Provide configuration information for the service.
- You can add more services to the App Profile as needed. To do this, click the Actions button next to the Configure tier pane. To rearrange layers in the profile, select a service and drag it up or down in the pane. Each service becomes a layer in the App Profile stack in the order shown in this pane.
- When you've provided the required configuration information for services, click Review. Your App Profile is now created and can be deployed.
To validate your App Profile is available and ready for use, use the following steps.
- Log in to Palette and switch to App Mode.
- Navigate to the left Main Menu and click on App Profiles.
- Select the cluster profile you created to review its details.
- Hover your cursor over each app layer to learn more about the layers, including the pack name, version, and registry.
Use the pop-up information box for each layer to help you gather the required information when creating Terraform templates for app profiles.
- Deploy your application to a virtual cluster to verify all the required configurations and dependencies are correct. Review the Create and Manage Apps to learn how to deploy an app to a virtual cluster. Check out the Deploy an Application using Palette Dev Engine tutorial for a more in-depth guide.
Start exploring the various out-of-the-box services Palette exposes to application authors. Use these services to quickly deploy applications without the overhead of managing and configuring the infrastructure required for common third-party services such as databases, message queues, and more.