Existing Kubernetes clusters that were not deployed by Spectro Cloud can be imported into the Spectro Cloud platform for visibility, management and additional capabilities such as application lifecycle management. Spectro Cloud allows import and management of Kubernetes clusters on various public, private, and bare-metal environments, such as:
- Public cloud managed services (Amazon EKS, Google GKE, Azure EKS)
- Clusters provisioned through other management platforms (Rancher, CCP, etc.)
- Clusters provisioned using orchestration tools (Kubeadm, kops, etc.)
The following steps need to be performed in order to import a brownfield cluster into the Spectro Cloud platform:
- From the Clusters page, invoke the option to “Import” a cluster.
- Provide a name for the cluster. Select the cloud type where the cluster is currently deployed.
- Install Spectro Cloud’s cluster management agent into your brownfield cluster using the kubectl command provided.
- Wait for the import process to complete. The cluster status will transition from ‘Pending’ to ‘Running’ and the cluster health will transition to ‘Healthy’, signalling successful import of the brownfield cluster.
Add-on cluster profiles can be attached to brownfield clusters after import to install and manage various applications / integrations above the core infrastructure layers. The following steps need to be performed in order to attach add-on profiles to existing clusters:
- Choose the desired cluster from the clusters list and navigate to the ‘Profile’ tab.
- Invoke the ‘Add add-on profile’ dialog from the menu on the left hand side, and choose the desired cluster profile. Multiple add-on profiles can be attached to a cluster.
- Upon addition of a new add-on profile, the default configuration for all the layers that are part of the add-on profile are displayed. You can customize or override the default parameters in any of the layers as needed. Click save. The cluster configuration and the new layers from the attached profiles will then be installed on the cluster.